The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only and subject to change without notice.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which The Leaf Press shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
All designs are protected by copyright and remain the property of The Leaf Press. Any reproduction of designs will be regarded as an infringement of copyright and will result in legal action. Photographs of all products are the property of The Leaf Press and cannot be used without the permission of The Leaf Press.
All content on The Leaf Press website is in English. The Leaf Press cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of any translation of website content by third parties e.g. Google translate.
This website includes links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that The Leaf Press endorses the websites. The Leaf Press has no responsibility for the content of the linked websites.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Personal information I collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information, which includes:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your postal address
- Your telephone number
- Details of the product(s) you are ordering
You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information in order to make your product e.g. wedding details for a wedding invitation or a name for a personalized notebook.
I do not collect financial information. Your payment is administered via PayPal and Stripe and in order for your payment to be processed; you agree to provide PayPal or Stripe with payment information as well as your name, address and details of the product(s) you are ordering.
Why I need your information and how I use it
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support.
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list.
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- As necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information sharing and disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies and payment processors. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of personal information outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Except for exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
There is no financial charge to access, change, restrict, delete or object/complain.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Suzy Dobson, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail me at Dorlen House, Woodland Avenue, Beccles, NR34 7EF.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
The Leaf Press uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps analyse data about webpage traffic and improve the website in order to tailor it to customer needs. This information is only used for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help provide you with a better website by enabling The Leaf Press to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Leaf Press website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave the site, you should note that The Leaf Press has no control over that other website and therefore cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. Such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The Leaf Press may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 15th May 2018.